PRS Hospital Private Limited, (hereinafter described as “the Company”) since its inception has
seen itself as a corporate citizen responsible to the society and has pioneered in undertaking
activities which promote various social and charitable objectives. While focusing on the overall
economic development of the State through the process of healthcare, the Company intends to
consistently contribute to the cause of improving the quality of life of its employees, the
community and the society at large.
In order to carry out the charitable activities in a structured manner and to streamline and
provide more focus and direction to the activities undertaken by the Company in its sphere, it
had formulated a policy on Corporate Social Responsibility (hereinafter described as “the
Policy”). This policy has been prepared in line with the requirements of the Companies Act,
2013 (hereinafter described as “the Act”).
Vision & Mission
1. Create a healthy society by extending compassionate and caring hands to the weaker
sections and thereby ensure socio-economic development of the Society.
2. Offer comprehensive and integrated health care services to the Community.
3. To create awareness among the society about the importance of healthcare management
by conducting medical camps, awareness campaign etc.
4. To develop the quality of life of manpower through research & development.
- 1. The Company will provide free or concessional medical services to deserving persons by
focusing on weaker sections of the Society.
- 2. Provide medical facilities to the passengers who are availing of the public transportation
facilities by establishing medical center at respective places.
- 3. Promote preventive healthcare through awareness campaigns in rural as well as urban
- 4. Provide free treatment including emergency care, ambulance support, consultation,
investigation and pharmacy at identified locations and camps for the benefit of
marginalized and disadvantaged making quality healthcare available and affordable to
- 5. Setting up educational institutions, improving infrastructure of the existing institutes
and providing scholarships to deserving students and promoting research activities in
the field of healthcare.
- 6. Empowering under privileged and children in need of special care.
- 7. Establishing gender equality and woman empowerment.
- 8. Implement schemes and projects having social importance and to carryout social
welfare programmes for the benefit of general public.
- 9. To associate with various NGO’s and movements which are meeting the criteria of
Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
The Board may amend the CSR Policy as may be required from time to time.
For medical facilities/ concessional treatments.
The CSR Committee constituted by the Board shall accept, review and approve the applications
for free/ Concessional treatment with predefined criteria. The selection criteria can include:
- a) Below poverty line
- b) Patients under palliative care
- c) Natural calamity affected citizens
- d) Differently abled individuals
- e) Patients needing emergency healthcare.
The rate of discounts and concessions shall be determined by the CSR Committee on case to
case basis depending on the merits and the above given criteria shall be amended from time to
For matters not covered in Clause A above
The CSR Committee shall evaluate the merits of the proposal and allocate specific budget for
the same and ensure that the implementation of the same is as per the approved plan/ project.
- 1. The Board shall ensure that in each Financial Year, the Company Spends at least 2%
of the average net profit made during the 3 immediately preceding Financial Years.
- 2. The unutilized CSR Budget from 2% of the average net profit will be parked in a CSR
Fund or (corpus) created by the Company. This fund would also include any income
arising there from and any surplus arising out of CSR Activities.
- 3. In case of any surplus arising out of CSR Projects the same shall not form part of
business profits of the Company.
- 4. The Company may collaborate or pool resources with other Companies (its group
Companies/ Firms) to undertake CSR activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Board of Directors of the Company will be responsible for:
- 1. Approval of CSR Policy of the Company
- 2. Disclosing the Content of the policy in its report and place the policy on the
Company’s website in such a manner as prescribed under Section 135 of the
Companies Act, 2013 read with CSR Rules.
- 3. Ensuring that the Company spends in every financial year at least 2% of the
average net profits of the Company made during the 3 immediately preceding
financial years in pursuance of the policy.
- 4. Ensuring that the Company gives preference to the local areas around its
operations for spending the amount earmarked for CSR Project.
- 5. Ensuring that it specifies the reasons in its report for not spending the earmarked
amount in case the company fails to spend the amount.
Composition of CSR Committee:
||Mr. Murugan Ratnaswamy
||Dr. Thiruvarian Meenashipuram
||Dr. Anandam Ratnaswamy
Powers and responsibilities of the CSR Committee include:
Formulate and recommend to the Board, a CSR Policy which shall indicate the activities to
be undertaken, as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
- 1. The Committee is a sub-committee constituted to evaluate the merits of the Projects
submitted to it and approve it for further implementation.
- 2. To submit detailed budget for achieving the objectives mentioned in clause above.
- 3. Monitor the CSR policy and objectives on a regular basis.
- 4. The committee shall report to the Board about the details of CSR activities on
- 5. Approve/ projects activities of value which are within the ambit of Schedule VII.
- 6. Co-opt any individual to the CSR Committee who is having expertise in the areas of
- 7. The quorum for the Committee shall be 2 (two) and the meeting shall be convened
by the Chairman of the Committee on periodic intervals or as and when required.
The Company will establish an accounting system to ensure project wise accounting of CSR Spend.
- 1. The CSR Committee will monitor the progress of CSR Projects and CSR spend and report to
the Board of Directors on quarterly basis.
- 2. The Company will report CSR performance in its annual report as per the structure and
format prescribed in the notified CSR Rules.